1. First well-cared for fish you’ve ever taken care of?
I’ve had bettas for a really long time. And admittedly it’s only been the past few years that I’ve learned what REAL care is for my boys.
But my first truly well-cared for feesh is of course the spoiled king.
Feather the Figure 8 Puffer was the first fish I truly researched for BEFORE I got him. He was my first forray into tank cycling (I’m so sorry prior betta boys..), major setups, and brackish water! I went all out and spent…probably 700$ on that setup he has. SPOILED. PUFF.
He is the love of my feeshy heart though and I adore what he’s brought to my life. I bought Feather in October of last year, and taking care of him has done wonders for my morale.
I’ve learned so much and met so many cool people because of him. Sometimes I wonder if Feather got me my job! (The principal thought it was SO cool that I had a puffer…so maybe that’s how she remembered me.)
More than anything I love his personality. Puffers know their owners, and Feather is constantly begging/ attempting to get my attention/ sassing me when I’m in the room. He’s the first thing I see when I wake up and the last thing at night.
I love my little nyoom.
1) I want to rent hotel rooms with you and spend more than half our time being outside.
2) I want to get lost while we’re driving because I can’t read maps and you are too stubborn to ask for directions.
3) I want to eat drive-thru food with you on the floor of our first apartment.
4) I want to get drunk in public and have you take me home while I hit on you.
5) I want to go on long adventures with you.
6) I want to go to the movies and make out with you in the back like a couple of over excited teenagers.
7) I want to lay with you under the stars and talk about the future like I’ve got it all planned.
8) I want to break in your arms once in a while because I don’t have it all planned.
9) I want to bore with you with my favorite shows and movies even though you insist it is okay.
10) I want to play video games with you and sulk when I lose.
11) I want to paint you in my poems.
12) I want to dance with you.
13) I want to spend the rest of my life with you, knowing there’s no place else I’d rather be."
13 important things I want you to know. - A (via iship-usdarling)
2. Our first trip home. Check.
3. This will be next Saturday. Well, my first apartment, anyway.
4. Maybe not in public but I’d hit on you so hard drunk :P
5. Color Festival, Fitzgerald’s grave…let’s…goooo.
6. Unless it’s a Marvel movie, right?
8. Done this too many times to count already.9. We talked for two hours about puppies and fish I think we have this covered.
11. I hadn’t written poems in months until you.12. Even if neither of us know what we’re doing.
13. …so many orange skillets.
They seem to be doing alright. One of the two looks like she might have wormies so I’m going to have to get some medicine asap. It’s been like a year since I had to treat for internal parasites..what’s your recommendation again?I will send you names!
Metronidazole! (I’ve been spelling it wrong in past posts ooooof)
Seachem makes it; it’s great, comes as a powder with a convenient little dosage spoon. you can soak puff food in it (you can put it in the water, but it works much faster if you just soak the food). Looks like you can get it online, but shop around. Some of the prices I saw were like 15$ and I get it for 8$ at my LFS.
Poor bb girl puff.
I’m just gonna lay here and listen to the Civil War’s Dust to Dust over and over and over and have major relationship feels. mkay? mkay.